8 December 2014, Quezon City, Philippines – AsiaDHRRA organized a forum, entitled: “Harvesting Experiences, Challenges and Opportunities on Seeds in Asia and the Pacific: A Learning Exchange Forum” on 5-7 December 2014 at Brentwood Suits, Quezon City, Philippines. It was participated in by FO representatives from South Asia, Southeast Asia, and Pacific Islands who belong to the MTCP2 cooperation among farmers’ organizations. Continue Reading →
Archive | Farmers’ Exchanges RSS feed for this section
CAEV-Vietdhrra hosted an an exchange visit by teachers and professors from the Nueva Vizcaya State University of the Philippines where they learned how CAEV-Vietdhrra utilizes participatory approach in promoting agricultural extension services and gender-responsive activities in the rural communities of Vietnam.
Asiadhrra was invited to present on the involvement of farmers’ organizations in public programs during the International Agricultural Seminar entitled “How to Better Involve Farmers’ Organizations in Agricultural Public Programs? “ held on November 28th-29th2012, at the Auditorium International, International Trade Union House Boulevard du Roi Albert II, No. 5 / 2 B-1210 Brussels. The event was organized by Collectif Stratégies Alimentaires (CSA).
Ms. Marlene Ramirez, Asiadhrra Secretary-General presented the highlights of the Knowledge Management Learning Session that was recently co-organized together with AFA, CSA, and FNN.
Asia participation was also through Mr. Dinh Nguyen of the Vietnam Farmers’ Union (VNFU) and Mr. Cesar Belangel of PAKISAMA, a national farmers’ federation in the Philippines.
The Farmers’ Forum “is an on-going, bottom-up process of consultation and dialogue between small farmers’ and rural producers’ organizations (FOs), IFAD and governments, focused on agricultural and rural development and poverty reduction. The Forum is rooted in concrete partnerships and collaborations at the country and regional levels. The Farmers’ Forum was born in 2005 and it meets every two years for a global consultation, in conjunction with the Governing Council of IFAD.
The Fourth Farmers’ Forum highlighted the importance of the participation of the youth in agriculture by “inviting young farmers and representatives of rural youth movements [to the meeting]…..to share experiences and views of young rural people from different regions and to contribute to the formulation of successful policies and programmes.”
Agriculture must produce more from less, and do so in an environmentally sustainable, efficient and socially just manner. The GIZ partnership farming approach provides a holistic and long-term sustainable solution, through investment in farm system management, capacitybuilding, production modernization and strengthened linkages between production and market demand.
This four-day event offers a unique opportunity to those seeking to improve the performance of their organizations in promoting and assisting in the development of smallholder farming. Participants will gain insight from experienced GIZ experts from across South and Southeast Asia and will benefit from avaluable exchange of experiences through the joint resolution of participants’ unique challenges.
For more information and registration, please visit their website: www.thai-german-cooperation.info/giz_trainings_agribusiness.html
Asiadhrra 2012-2014 Network Report
International Year of Soils
- Evelyn: Sir/Madam, I'm interested about the Reversible...
- Ephantu Mwangi: I am from Mwea, the largest rice growing region in...
- Renieto O. masinas: i am more intested if you have rice drum seeder. p...
- Renieto O. masinas: my email add rene_masinas@ yahoo.com...
- Renieto O. masinas: i am interested in your product pls. can you send ...
- Maligaya flatbed dryers distributed to philippine farmers to reduce rice wastage May 23, 2008
- Moringa Oleifera: The Miracle Tree November 21, 2007
- PhilRice harvesting machines April 20, 2009
- PhilRice debuts precision seeder August 7, 2009
- The Maligaya Flatbed Dryer January 25, 2008
- AsiaDHRRA kicks off 2015 International Year of Soils with ISFM Training January 30, 2015
- AsiaDHRRA 2012-14 Network Report out now! January 29, 2015
- AsiaDHRRA launches two training manuals on Collective Marketing and Constructive Engagement January 5, 2015
- AsiaDHRRA launches new project with coffee farmers in Indonesia January 5, 2015
- AsiaDHRRA organizes MTCP 2’s learning exchange forum on seeds January 5, 2015
News from our Partners
- ASEAN Shares Experience to SAARC in Setting up Regional Disaster Response Mechanisms
- ASEAN Enhances Member States Capacity in Resolving Vertical Agreement Cases
- ASEAN, ACB Celebrate a Decade of Cooperation on Biodiversity Conservation
- Indonesia Deposits Instrument of Ratification of the ASEAN Agreement on Transboundary Haze Pollution
- Good Harvest Fails to Dent Rising Hunger in Zimbabwe
- Ebola Outbreak Affects Key Development Areas in Sierra Leone
- Uganda Still Grapples with Inadequate Funds to Tackle Climate Change
- Sustaining Africa’s Development by Leveraging on Climate Change
- Ethiopia Moves in Right Direction with Climate Change Response But Challenges Remain