Here’s an interesting graphic outlining a “taxonomy” of the much discussed practice of “poverty tourism”. Update: Aaron Ausland, the author, has recently updated the graphic which i think added some context and made it more meaningful.
A Taxonomy of Poverty Tourism
- rogelio caranguian: sir i am interested about your drier at malayo kai...
- Greg Brawley: I'd be interested in learning more about your tec...
- baron decastro: where can I inquire about mini rice combine...
- admin: Kindly contact PhilRice or ask help from you local...
- joy: good day; Pwede po bang maghingi nang presyo s...
- Maligaya flatbed dryers distributed to philippine farmers to reduce rice wastage May 23, 2008
- Moringa Oleifera: The Miracle Tree November 21, 2007
- PhilRice harvesting machines April 20, 2009
- The Maligaya Flatbed Dryer January 25, 2008
- PhilRice debuts precision seeder August 7, 2009
- ASEAN share ASCC MTR Report December 8, 2013
- Asiadhrra joins in launching AgriCord Philippine Network October 14, 2013
- Asiadhrra to co-sponsor side event on sustainable, equitable and viable food systems at the CFS 40 Side Event in Rome October 7, 2013
- Asiadhrra to share perspectives on public policies for family farming during official CFS 40 Side-Event October 5, 2013
- Asiadhrra gearing up for IYFF 2014 September 26, 2013
International Year of Family Farming
News from our Partners
- FAO lauds Nelson Mandela as champion of right to food
- Large increase in 2013 world cereal output expected
- Greater focus on soil health needed to feed a hungry planet
- IFAD and FAO combine their expertise for better management of projects in fragile states
- African countries step up focus on statistics for better agriculture and nutrition