Here’s an interesting graphic outlining a “taxonomy” of the much discussed practice of “poverty tourism”. Update: Aaron Ausland, the author, has recently updated the graphic which i think added some context and made it more meaningful.
A Taxonomy of Poverty Tourism
- Fondation de France Post-Yolanda Reconstruction Guide for Philippines
- Asiadhrra funds development cooperation project with Laos Farmers
- VNFU and Asiadhrra co-organize Advocacy Capacity Workshop for Vietnam Farmer’s Union staff
- ACSC/APF 2013 to be held on April 6-8, 2013 in Brunei Darussalam
- GAFSP Nepal
- Marieta: Sir/ madam, how much is the drier machine and wher...
- rogelio caranguian: sir i am interested about your drier at malayo kai...
- Greg Brawley: I'd be interested in learning more about your tec...
- baron decastro: where can I inquire about mini rice combine...
- admin: Kindly contact PhilRice or ask help from you local...
- Maligaya flatbed dryers distributed to philippine farmers to reduce rice wastage May 23, 2008
- Moringa Oleifera: The Miracle Tree November 21, 2007
- PhilRice harvesting machines April 20, 2009
- The Maligaya Flatbed Dryer January 25, 2008
- PhilRice debuts precision seeder August 7, 2009
- Fondation de France Post-Yolanda Reconstruction Guide for Philippines April 16, 2014
- Asia-Pacific Civil Society Organizations meet on food and agriculture March 27, 2014
- Asiadhrra funds development cooperation project with Laos Farmers February 5, 2014
- Asiadhrra breaks ground for new opportunities for rural development cooperation in Myanmmar February 3, 2014
- Happy Lunar New Year 2014! January 28, 2014
International Year of Family Farming
News from our Partners
- Cola giants back Voluntary Guidelines on Land Tenure
- FAO urges countries to step up action against destructive banana disease
- Agriculture's greenhouse gas emissions on the rise
- FAO and ITTO highlight vast potential of payments for environmental services for conservation of tropical forests
- Sudan faces worsening hunger and malnutrition crisis