Here’s an interesting graphic outlining a “taxonomy” of the much discussed practice of “poverty tourism”. Update: Aaron Ausland, the author, has recently updated the graphic which i think added some context and made it more meaningful.
A Taxonomy of Poverty Tourism
- FAKZ gets a boost for organic rice production and marketing
- New edition of FAO’s “State of World Fisheries and Aquaculture” released
- Vietdhrra conducts capacity development trainings in Quang Ninh Province
- Fondation de France Post-Yolanda Reconstruction Guide for Philippines
- Asiadhrra funds development cooperation project with Laos Farmers
- Renieto O. masinas: i am more intested if you have rice drum seeder. p...
- Renieto O. masinas: my email add rene_masinas@ yahoo.com...
- Renieto O. masinas: i am interested in your product pls. can you send ...
- Marieta: Sir/ madam, how much is the drier machine and wher...
- rogelio caranguian: sir i am interested about your drier at malayo kai...
- Maligaya flatbed dryers distributed to philippine farmers to reduce rice wastage May 23, 2008
- Moringa Oleifera: The Miracle Tree November 21, 2007
- PhilRice harvesting machines April 20, 2009
- PhilRice debuts precision seeder August 7, 2009
- The Maligaya Flatbed Dryer January 25, 2008
- Asiadhrra facilitates Farm and Livelihood Rehabilitation Projects in Typhoon Yolanda Affected Areas in the Philippines June 17, 2014
- FASAP successfully concludes Leadership and Organizational Strengthening Project June 12, 2014
- FAKZ gets a boost for organic rice production and marketing June 10, 2014
- New edition of FAO’s “State of World Fisheries and Aquaculture” released May 22, 2014
- VNFU Training on Effective Policy Advocacy May 2, 2014
International Year of Family Farming
News from our Partners
- World hunger falls, but 805 million still chronically undernourished
- Norway donates $10 million to FAO South Sudan
- FAO food price index drops to four-year low
- Food security tops agenda of FAO Director-General’s meeting with India’s Prime Minister Modi
- Indian institutions award FAO Director-General for efforts to promote food security