Here’s an interesting graphic outlining a “taxonomy” of the much discussed practice of “poverty tourism”. Update: Aaron Ausland, the author, has recently updated the graphic which i think added some context and made it more meaningful.
A Taxonomy of Poverty Tourism
Asiadhrra 2012-2014 Network Report
- ELPIDIO C. EVANGELISTA JR.: Good AM po, I would like to request basic informa...
- Renante Rey: Hi sir, Thanks for your info regarding for the ...
- marcelo cogonon: Gud day sir, thank for the people like you, I agr...
- renante rey: thanks to you mr.ROMNOVATSKI PORLSKOV hope you sen...
- chris diano: hi Mr. Romnovatski, I believe in your ideals.. ...
- Maligaya flatbed dryers distributed to philippine farmers to reduce rice wastage May 23, 2008
- Moringa Oleifera: The Miracle Tree November 21, 2007
- PhilRice harvesting machines April 20, 2009
- PhilRice debuts precision seeder August 7, 2009
- The Maligaya Flatbed Dryer January 25, 2008
- AsiaDHRRA launches its new program: ReCoERDO Asia June 27, 2016
- AsiaDHRRA to launch ReCoERDO-Asia May 17, 2016
- AsiaDHRRA, EC sign 5-year Framework Partnership Agreement April 4, 2016
- AsiaDHRRA sits in the 11th ASEAN SOC-COM April 4, 2016
- CSO Statement to 33rd FAO Asia Pacific Regional Conference, 7-11 March 2016, Putrajaya, Malaysia March 14, 2016
News from our Partners
- Cape Verde joins Port State Measures Agreement to combat unregulated fishing
- Pope Francis hails FAO role in new Mediterranean migration initiative
- Caribbean region must prepare for increased drought due to climate change
- Severe food insecurity widespread in Yemen
- Partnership makes strides in promoting sustainable land management in Africa