Here’s an interesting graphic outlining a “taxonomy” of the much discussed practice of “poverty tourism”. Update: Aaron Ausland, the author, has recently updated the graphic which i think added some context and made it more meaningful.
A Taxonomy of Poverty Tourism
- AgriCord, AsiaDHRRA in ADB’s 48th Annual Meeting
- Midterm evaluation of Post-Haiyan Fund Facility commenced
- NACF, ICAO, AsiaDHRRA discuss possible cooperation
- AsiaDHRRA launches two training manuals on Collective Marketing and Constructive Engagement
- AsiaDHRRA launches new project with coffee farmers in Indonesia
Asiadhrra 2012-2014 Network Report
International Year of Soils
- chris diano: hi Mr. Romnovatski, I believe in your ideals.. ...
- Tito Beniga: Sir Good day, sir, i read your comments just to...
- Evelyn: Sir/Madam, I'm interested about the Reversible...
- Ephantu Mwangi: I am from Mwea, the largest rice growing region in...
- Renieto O. masinas: i am more intested if you have rice drum seeder. p...
- Maligaya flatbed dryers distributed to philippine farmers to reduce rice wastage May 23, 2008
- Moringa Oleifera: The Miracle Tree November 21, 2007
- PhilRice harvesting machines April 20, 2009
- PhilRice debuts precision seeder August 7, 2009
- The Maligaya Flatbed Dryer January 25, 2008
- FAO Conducts Regional Forum on Food Loss July 21, 2015
- AsiaDHRRA launches 2 new projects in Indonesia July 20, 2015
- CDEA, AsiaDHRRA launch Value Chain Study on Khao Kai Noy in Laos July 16, 2015
- AsiaDHRRA attends 10th ASEAN SOC-COM Coordinating Conference July 15, 2015
- PAKISAMA organizes RTD on enhancing PO participation in post-disaster public programs July 15, 2015
News from our Partners
- A Viable Future: Attracting the Youth to Agriculture
- Building Sustainable Full Value-Chain Agri-based Cooperative Enterprises in the Philippines
- Lessons from Nature: A guide to Ecological Agriculture in the Tropics (Shimpei Murakami)
- Women’s Land Rights, Gender-Responsive Policies and the World Bank (Philippines)
- Reducing Economic Vulnerabilities of Typhoon Haiyan affected communities in Northen Cebu
- Case Stories of Early Activities of the Disaster-based Sustainable and Resilient Livelihoods (DSRL)
- Case Stories from Building Resilience of Typhoon Haiyan-affected Communities in Northern Cebu (BRTH Cebu) Project
- Momentum gathers for international agreement to combat rogue fishing
- Helping farmers and buyers build mutually beneficial partnerships
- New initiative looks to bring soils into classrooms around the globe
- Syria: Better rains improve wheat production, but food security situation remains bleak
- Queen Letizia of Spain visits Expo Milan
- Good Harvest Fails to Dent Rising Hunger in Zimbabwe
- Ebola Outbreak Affects Key Development Areas in Sierra Leone
- Uganda Still Grapples with Inadequate Funds to Tackle Climate Change
- Sustaining Africa’s Development by Leveraging on Climate Change
- Ethiopia Moves in Right Direction with Climate Change Response But Challenges Remain