Here’s an interesting graphic outlining a “taxonomy” of the much discussed practice of “poverty tourism”. Update: Aaron Ausland, the author, has recently updated the graphic which i think added some context and made it more meaningful.
A Taxonomy of Poverty Tourism
- AsiaDHRRA launches two training manuals on Collective Marketing and Constructive Engagement
- AsiaDHRRA launches new project with coffee farmers in Indonesia
- AgriCord members join IYFF Global Closing
- ADB, AsiaDHRRA host 2014 AgriCord General Assembly
- AsiaDHRRA Statement in support to the “KM71 Martsang Magniniyog” (coconut farmers’ march) in the Philippines
International Year of Soils
- Renieto O. masinas: i am more intested if you have rice drum seeder. p...
- Renieto O. masinas: my email add rene_masinas@ yahoo.com...
- Renieto O. masinas: i am interested in your product pls. can you send ...
- Marieta: Sir/ madam, how much is the drier machine and wher...
- rogelio caranguian: sir i am interested about your drier at malayo kai...
- Maligaya flatbed dryers distributed to philippine farmers to reduce rice wastage May 23, 2008
- Moringa Oleifera: The Miracle Tree November 21, 2007
- PhilRice harvesting machines April 20, 2009
- PhilRice debuts precision seeder August 7, 2009
- The Maligaya Flatbed Dryer January 25, 2008
- AsiaDHRRA launches two training manuals on Collective Marketing and Constructive Engagement January 5, 2015
- AsiaDHRRA launches new project with coffee farmers in Indonesia January 5, 2015
- AsiaDHRRA organizes MTCP 2’s learning exchange forum on seeds January 5, 2015
- AgriCord members join IYFF Global Closing January 5, 2015
- AsiaDHRRA co-organizes IYFF Knowledge Learning Market and Policy Engagement January 5, 2015
News from our Partners
- ASEAN Shares Experience to SAARC in Setting up Regional Disaster Response Mechanisms
- ASEAN Enhances Member States Capacity in Resolving Vertical Agreement Cases
- ASEAN, ACB Celebrate a Decade of Cooperation on Biodiversity Conservation
- Indonesia Deposits Instrument of Ratification of the ASEAN Agreement on Transboundary Haze Pollution
- Farmers in Malawi need urgent help after heavy flooding
- FAO presents plan for eradicating hunger in Latin America and the Caribbean
- FAO Director-General calls for global action to address food insecurity in conflict areas
- Funds are running out in battle against Madagascar’s locusts
- Genetic diversity a hidden tool in coping with climate change
- Ebola Outbreak Affects Key Development Areas in Sierra Leone
- Uganda Still Grapples with Inadequate Funds to Tackle Climate Change
- Sustaining Africa’s Development by Leveraging on Climate Change
- Ethiopia Moves in Right Direction with Climate Change Response But Challenges Remain
- Measuring How Climate Change Affects Africa’s Food Security