Here’s an interesting graphic outlining a “taxonomy” of the much discussed practice of “poverty tourism”. Update: Aaron Ausland, the author, has recently updated the graphic which i think added some context and made it more meaningful.
A Taxonomy of Poverty Tourism
- AsiaDHRRA launches two training manuals on Collective Marketing and Constructive Engagement
- AsiaDHRRA launches new project with coffee farmers in Indonesia
- AgriCord members join IYFF Global Closing
- ADB, AsiaDHRRA host 2014 AgriCord General Assembly
- AsiaDHRRA Statement in support to the “KM71 Martsang Magniniyog” (coconut farmers’ march) in the Philippines
Asiadhrra 2012-2014 Network Report
International Year of Soils
- Evelyn: Sir/Madam, I'm interested about the Reversible...
- Ephantu Mwangi: I am from Mwea, the largest rice growing region in...
- Renieto O. masinas: i am more intested if you have rice drum seeder. p...
- Renieto O. masinas: my email add rene_masinas@ yahoo.com...
- Renieto O. masinas: i am interested in your product pls. can you send ...
- Maligaya flatbed dryers distributed to philippine farmers to reduce rice wastage May 23, 2008
- Moringa Oleifera: The Miracle Tree November 21, 2007
- PhilRice harvesting machines April 20, 2009
- PhilRice debuts precision seeder August 7, 2009
- The Maligaya Flatbed Dryer January 25, 2008
- AsiaDHRRA trains farmer leaders on community organizing, project and knowledge management February 9, 2015
- AsiaDHRRA kicks off 2015 International Year of Soils with ISFM Training January 30, 2015
- AsiaDHRRA 2012-14 Network Report out now! January 29, 2015
- AsiaDHRRA launches two training manuals on Collective Marketing and Constructive Engagement January 5, 2015
- AsiaDHRRA launches new project with coffee farmers in Indonesia January 5, 2015
News from our Partners
- Agriculture key to Caribbean food security and coping with climate change
- Ethiopian women cooperative increases incomes thanks to FAO-Eataly partnership
- FAO’s strong leadership instills a result-oriented culture, says new MOPAN report
- Ending hunger and malnutrition a top priority for Caribbean region
- New fish drying technology boosts livelihoods in Ivorian towns
- Good Harvest Fails to Dent Rising Hunger in Zimbabwe
- Ebola Outbreak Affects Key Development Areas in Sierra Leone
- Uganda Still Grapples with Inadequate Funds to Tackle Climate Change
- Sustaining Africa’s Development by Leveraging on Climate Change
- Ethiopia Moves in Right Direction with Climate Change Response But Challenges Remain