Here’s an interesting graphic outlining a “taxonomy” of the much discussed practice of “poverty tourism”. Update: Aaron Ausland, the author, has recently updated the graphic which i think added some context and made it more meaningful.
A Taxonomy of Poverty Tourism
- ADB, AsiaDHRRA host 2014 AgriCord General Assembly
- AsiaDHRRA Statement in support to the “KM71 Martsang Magniniyog” (coconut farmers’ march) in the Philippines
- FAKZ gets a boost for organic rice production and marketing
- New edition of FAO’s “State of World Fisheries and Aquaculture” released
- Vietdhrra conducts capacity development trainings in Quang Ninh Province
- Renieto O. masinas: i am more intested if you have rice drum seeder. p...
- Renieto O. masinas: my email add rene_masinas@ yahoo.com...
- Renieto O. masinas: i am interested in your product pls. can you send ...
- Marieta: Sir/ madam, how much is the drier machine and wher...
- rogelio caranguian: sir i am interested about your drier at malayo kai...
- Maligaya flatbed dryers distributed to philippine farmers to reduce rice wastage May 23, 2008
- Moringa Oleifera: The Miracle Tree November 21, 2007
- PhilRice harvesting machines April 20, 2009
- PhilRice debuts precision seeder August 7, 2009
- The Maligaya Flatbed Dryer January 25, 2008
- ADB, AsiaDHRRA host 2014 AgriCord General Assembly December 17, 2014
- PH Agri-agencies host IYFF Partnership Night December 17, 2014
- PhilDHRRA celebrates its 30th founding anniversary December 17, 2014
- AsiaDHRRA statement on AICHR Workshop on Post-2015 Sustainable Development Goals October 20, 2014
- AsiaDHRRA participates in FAO-ILO Consultation on Social Protection October 14, 2014
International Year of Family Farming
News from our Partners
- ASEAN Moves Forward with Public-Private Partnership
- ASEAN Welcomes New Master Trainers and Assessors for Food & Beverage Service
- ASEAN Plus Three to Heighten the Ebola Preparedness and Response
- Joint Statement of the ASEAN-ROK Commemorative Summit on the 25th Anniversary of the ASEAN-ROK Dialogue Relations: Our Future Vision of ASEAN-ROK Strategic Partnership "Building Trust, Bringing Happiness" on 12 December 2014 in Busan, Republic of Korea
- FAO and partners call for a global response to deadly banana disease
- Ten years after Asian tsunami, the region is better prepared to cope with disasters
- Maize, rice, wheat farming must become more sustainable
- Global wood production grows for the fourth year
- Ebola leaves hundreds of thousands facing hunger in three worst-hit countries
- Ebola Outbreak Affects Key Development Areas in Sierra Leone
- Uganda Still Grapples with Inadequate Funds to Tackle Climate Change
- Sustaining Africa’s Development by Leveraging on Climate Change
- Ethiopia Moves in Right Direction with Climate Change Response But Challenges Remain
- Measuring How Climate Change Affects Africa’s Food Security