Here’s an interesting graphic outlining a “taxonomy” of the much discussed practice of “poverty tourism”. Update: Aaron Ausland, the author, has recently updated the graphic which i think added some context and made it more meaningful.
A Taxonomy of Poverty Tourism
- AsiaDHRRA Statement in support to the “KM71 Martsang Magniniyog” (coconut farmers’ march) in the Philippines
- FAKZ gets a boost for organic rice production and marketing
- New edition of FAO’s “State of World Fisheries and Aquaculture” released
- Vietdhrra conducts capacity development trainings in Quang Ninh Province
- Fondation de France Post-Yolanda Reconstruction Guide for Philippines
- Renieto O. masinas: i am more intested if you have rice drum seeder. p...
- Renieto O. masinas: my email add rene_masinas@ yahoo.com...
- Renieto O. masinas: i am interested in your product pls. can you send ...
- Marieta: Sir/ madam, how much is the drier machine and wher...
- rogelio caranguian: sir i am interested about your drier at malayo kai...
- Maligaya flatbed dryers distributed to philippine farmers to reduce rice wastage May 23, 2008
- Moringa Oleifera: The Miracle Tree November 21, 2007
- PhilRice harvesting machines April 20, 2009
- PhilRice debuts precision seeder August 7, 2009
- The Maligaya Flatbed Dryer January 25, 2008
- AsiaDHRRA statement on AICHR Workshop on Post-2015 Sustainable Development Goals October 20, 2014
- AsiaDHRRA participates in FAO-ILO Consultation on Social Protection October 14, 2014
- DHRRA celebrates 40th Anniversary October 14, 2014
- AsiaDHRRA convenes 9th General Assembly October 14, 2014
- AsiaDHRRA Statement in support to the “KM71 Martsang Magniniyog” (coconut farmers’ march) in the Philippines October 8, 2014
International Year of Family Farming
News from our Partners
- BRICS countries share strategies against malnutrition ahead of ICN2
- EU and FAO step up action against desertification in Africa, Caribbean and Pacific
- National Geographic/FAO: Raising awareness on hunger and nutrition
- Putting family farmers first to eradicate hunger
- Supporting family farms key for healthy food systems
- Sustaining Africa’s Development by Leveraging on Climate Change
- Ethiopia Moves in Right Direction with Climate Change Response But Challenges Remain
- Measuring How Climate Change Affects Africa’s Food Security
- Family Farmers Don’t Need Climate-Smart Agriculture
- Africa Pays the Price of Low Harvests Thanks to Costly Fertilisers