Here’s an interesting graphic outlining a “taxonomy” of the much discussed practice of “poverty tourism”. Update: Aaron Ausland, the author, has recently updated the graphic which i think added some context and made it more meaningful.
A Taxonomy of Poverty Tourism
Asiadhrra 2012-2014 Network Report
International Year of Soils
- Evelyn: Sir/Madam, I'm interested about the Reversible...
- Ephantu Mwangi: I am from Mwea, the largest rice growing region in...
- Renieto O. masinas: i am more intested if you have rice drum seeder. p...
- Renieto O. masinas: my email add rene_masinas@ yahoo.com...
- Renieto O. masinas: i am interested in your product pls. can you send ...
- Maligaya flatbed dryers distributed to philippine farmers to reduce rice wastage May 23, 2008
- Moringa Oleifera: The Miracle Tree November 21, 2007
- PhilRice harvesting machines April 20, 2009
- PhilRice debuts precision seeder August 7, 2009
- The Maligaya Flatbed Dryer January 25, 2008
- Karuna Pathein, AsiaDHRRA launch Rice Value Chain Study in Myanmar March 30, 2015
- NACF, ICAO, AsiaDHRRA discuss possible cooperation March 11, 2015
- GILL shares its Lifelong Learning Approach March 10, 2015
- AsiaDHRRA gears up for its new 5-year strategic plan March 10, 2015
- KTLFA, PDCI farmer leaders exchange learning visits March 9, 2015
News from our Partners
- Fighting Hunger through Partnerships: A Forum on Brazil’s Zero Hunger Program, Global Institutional Purchase, and the Philippines’ Partnership Against Hunger Project
- Video: Grassroots Foresight Training Workshop
- Soils for life (Farming Matters, March 2015)
- “Pamilyang Magsasaka” (IYFF Philippines Theme song with English sub-titles)
- Good Harvest Fails to Dent Rising Hunger in Zimbabwe
- Ebola Outbreak Affects Key Development Areas in Sierra Leone
- Uganda Still Grapples with Inadequate Funds to Tackle Climate Change
- Sustaining Africa’s Development by Leveraging on Climate Change
- Ethiopia Moves in Right Direction with Climate Change Response But Challenges Remain