Pathein, Myanmar – The Karuna Myanmar Social Services Diocese of Pathein (Karuna Pathein) and AsiaDHRRA are pleased to announce the publication of the Rice Value Chain Study Report in Einme Township of Ayeyarwaddy Region. This study has been made possible with the support of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands and AgriCord. To request […]
Seoul, South Korea – AsiaDHRRA secretariat, together with its former Chairperson Dr. Wen-Chi Huang, met with Mr. Gwang-Seog Hong of the National Agricultural Cooperative Federation, and, Ms. Hyo-suk Park of the International Co-operative Agricultural Organisation (ICAO) on 27 February 2015 to discuss how NACF and ICAO could support the Farmers Fighting Poverty (FFP) of AgriCord, […]
Gyeonggi-do, South Korea – Dr. Sung Lee, President of Gyeonggi-do Provincial Institute for Lifelong Learning (GILL), and, AsiaDHRRA’s Vice Chairperson for North Asia, shared the Golden Triangle Project approach, which puts premium on creating sustainable job opportunity while building a “happiness learning community.” In this approach, GILL has developed a tool, dubbed as “Happiness Index,” […]
Gyeonggi-do, South Korea – Members of the Executive Committee and secretariat gathered for a 2-day planning-workshop on 24-25 February 2015 in Gyeonggi-do Provincial Institute for Lifelong Learning Institute Training Center, Suwon Si, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea. The 2015-2020 strategic plan, with a theme: “Towards a vibrant rural people’s organizations and resilient agricultural communities,” affirms the DHRRA’s […]
Bula, Camarines Sur – AsiaDHRRA hosted the learning exchange visits of 2 farmers from Kyone Ta Loke Farmers Associations (KTLFA) in Pathein Myanmar, and, 2 farmers from Pecuaria Development Cooperative, Inc. (PDCI) on 18 – 28 February 2015. the KTLFA implements a cooperation on rice farming and marketing with financing from AsiaDHRRA through the Farmers’ […]
Bogor, Indonesia – Ms. Mags Catindig, Program Officer, presented AsiaDHRRA’s learning experiences in empowering farmer organizations during the “3rd SATNET’s Policy Dialogue on the Role of Technology Transfer in Agriculture for Sustainable Development Outcomes” on 11 February 2015. Mags underscored the importance of group development model or participatory, community-based approaches as the DHRRA network’s good […]
Tacloban City, Philippines – AsiaDHRRA, in partnership with PhilDHRRA and PAKISAMA, conducted a training-workshop with a theme: Basic Orientation on Community Organizing an Project Management, Monitoring and Evaluation from 31 January to 2 February 2015. (more…)
28 January 2015, Ormoc City, Philippines — In celebration of the 2015 International Year of Soils, AsiaDHRRA conducted a training-workshop on Integrated Soil Fertility Management (ISFM) from 26th-28th January 2015. Participants were volunteer farmer agri-technicians from the farmers’ organizations being supported by the Post-Yolanda Fund for Local Initiatives. (more…)
AsiaDHRRA is pleased to announce the publication (print and digital) of the following books: 1. Trainers’ Training Manual on Policy Advocacy 2. Supporting the Development of Collective Economic Forms in Agriculture: A training Manual The books are available in print and in PDF for immediate download (click on the link to view or download). For print […]
14 December 2014, Bengkulu, Indonesia – AsiaDHRRA inked partnership agreement with Serikat Petani Indonesia (SPI) for the project, entitled: “Improving position of small coffee farmers in the value chain through cooperation in marketing of coffee for increased market benefit.” The project covers six sub-districts of Reja Lebong Regency and eight sub-districts of Kepahiang Regency in […]
Asiadhrra 2012-2014 Network Report
International Year of Soils
- Evelyn: Sir/Madam, I'm interested about the Reversible...
- Ephantu Mwangi: I am from Mwea, the largest rice growing region in...
- Renieto O. masinas: i am more intested if you have rice drum seeder. p...
- Renieto O. masinas: my email add rene_masinas@ yahoo.com...
- Renieto O. masinas: i am interested in your product pls. can you send ...
- Maligaya flatbed dryers distributed to philippine farmers to reduce rice wastage May 23, 2008
- Moringa Oleifera: The Miracle Tree November 21, 2007
- PhilRice harvesting machines April 20, 2009
- PhilRice debuts precision seeder August 7, 2009
- The Maligaya Flatbed Dryer January 25, 2008
- Karuna Pathein, AsiaDHRRA launch Rice Value Chain Study in Myanmar March 30, 2015
- NACF, ICAO, AsiaDHRRA discuss possible cooperation March 11, 2015
- GILL shares its Lifelong Learning Approach March 10, 2015
- AsiaDHRRA gears up for its new 5-year strategic plan March 10, 2015
- KTLFA, PDCI farmer leaders exchange learning visits March 9, 2015
News from our Partners
- Mr. Nguyen Duy Luong, the First Vice – Chairman of VNFU met with Croplife Asia
- Vietnam Farmers’ Union – Kume Hiryo Company (Japan) Cooperation in applied research, transfer of science and technology for agriculture, rural development
- AFA holds learning exchange visit in Cambodia
- Fighting Hunger through Partnerships: A Forum on Brazil’s Zero Hunger Program, Global Institutional Purchase, and the Philippines’ Partnership Against Hunger Project
- Good Harvest Fails to Dent Rising Hunger in Zimbabwe
- Ebola Outbreak Affects Key Development Areas in Sierra Leone
- Uganda Still Grapples with Inadequate Funds to Tackle Climate Change
- Sustaining Africa’s Development by Leveraging on Climate Change
- Ethiopia Moves in Right Direction with Climate Change Response But Challenges Remain