Baku, Azerbaijan – AgriCord, represented by Mr. Noel Monteyne, Programs Coordinator and, Ms. Marlene Ramirez, Board Member and AsiaDHRRA Secretary General, attended the ADB’s 48th Annual Meeting of the Board of Governors on 2-5 May 2015 at Heydar Aliyev Center in Baku, Azerbaijan. Mr. Monte served as resource person during civil society’s side panel discussion […]
Pasig City, Philippines – AsiaDHRRA, represented by its Secretary General, Ms. Marlene Ramirez, and Program Manager, Mr. Nonoy Villas, participated in the ASEAN Senior Officials Meeting on Rural Devleopment and Poverty Reduction (SOMRDPE) Special Meeting to Develop the Framework Action Plan on Rural Development and Poverty Eradication (2016-2020) on 16-17 April 2015 at Crowne Plaza […]
Pasig City, Philippines – AsiaDHRRA, represented by Ms. Mags Catindig, Program Officer, had the opportunity to join the ASEAN Regional Assessment Workshop on the Millennium Development Goals Achievement and Post-2015 Development Priorities on 14-15 April 2015 at Crowne Plaza, in Ortigas Center, Pasig City. The workshop was attended by official delegates of the member states […]
Quezon City, Philippines – From 9-15 April 2015, an interim external evaluation of AsiaDHRRA’s Post-Haiyan (Yolanda) Fund Facility for Local Initiatives was conducted to identify challenges and opportunities for improvement in the management, project strategies, implementation processes, relationship with partners in preparation for the second phase of the project beginning May 2014. The evaluation was […]
Pathein, Myanmar – The Karuna Myanmar Social Services Diocese of Pathein (Karuna Pathein) and AsiaDHRRA are pleased to announce the publication of the Rice Value Chain Study Report in Einme Township of Ayeyarwaddy Region. This study has been made possible with the support of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands and AgriCord. To request […]
Seoul, South Korea – AsiaDHRRA secretariat, together with its former Chairperson Dr. Wen-Chi Huang, met with Mr. Gwang-Seog Hong of the National Agricultural Cooperative Federation, and, Ms. Hyo-suk Park of the International Co-operative Agricultural Organisation (ICAO) on 27 February 2015 to discuss how NACF and ICAO could support the Farmers Fighting Poverty (FFP) of AgriCord, […]
Gyeonggi-do, South Korea – Dr. Sung Lee, President of Gyeonggi-do Provincial Institute for Lifelong Learning (GILL), and, AsiaDHRRA’s Vice Chairperson for North Asia, shared the Golden Triangle Project approach, which puts premium on creating sustainable job opportunity while building a “happiness learning community.” In this approach, GILL has developed a tool, dubbed as “Happiness Index,” […]
Gyeonggi-do, South Korea – Members of the Executive Committee and secretariat gathered for a 2-day planning-workshop on 24-25 February 2015 in Gyeonggi-do Provincial Institute for Lifelong Learning Institute Training Center, Suwon Si, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea. The 2015-2020 strategic plan, with a theme: “Towards a vibrant rural people’s organizations and resilient agricultural communities,” affirms the DHRRA’s […]
Bula, Camarines Sur – AsiaDHRRA hosted the learning exchange visits of 2 farmers from Kyone Ta Loke Farmers Associations (KTLFA) in Pathein Myanmar, and, 2 farmers from Pecuaria Development Cooperative, Inc. (PDCI) on 18 – 28 February 2015. the KTLFA implements a cooperation on rice farming and marketing with financing from AsiaDHRRA through the Farmers’ […]
Bogor, Indonesia – Ms. Mags Catindig, Program Officer, presented AsiaDHRRA’s learning experiences in empowering farmer organizations during the “3rd SATNET’s Policy Dialogue on the Role of Technology Transfer in Agriculture for Sustainable Development Outcomes” on 11 February 2015. Mags underscored the importance of group development model or participatory, community-based approaches as the DHRRA network’s good […]
Tacloban City, Philippines – AsiaDHRRA, in partnership with PhilDHRRA and PAKISAMA, conducted a training-workshop with a theme: Basic Orientation on Community Organizing an Project Management, Monitoring and Evaluation from 31 January to 2 February 2015. (more…)
Asiadhrra 2012-2014 Network Report
International Year of Soils
- chris diano: hi Mr. Romnovatski, I believe in your ideals.. ...
- Tito Beniga: Sir Good day, sir, i read your comments just to...
- Evelyn: Sir/Madam, I'm interested about the Reversible...
- Ephantu Mwangi: I am from Mwea, the largest rice growing region in...
- Renieto O. masinas: i am more intested if you have rice drum seeder. p...
- Maligaya flatbed dryers distributed to philippine farmers to reduce rice wastage May 23, 2008
- Moringa Oleifera: The Miracle Tree November 21, 2007
- PhilRice harvesting machines April 20, 2009
- PhilRice debuts precision seeder August 7, 2009
- The Maligaya Flatbed Dryer January 25, 2008
- AgriCord, AsiaDHRRA in ADB’s 48th Annual Meeting May 13, 2015
- AsiaDHRRA presents CSO perspective during SOM-RDPE Special Meeting May 13, 2015
- AsiaDHRRA in the ASEAN Assessment Workshop on the MDG Achievements May 13, 2015
- Midterm evaluation of Post-Haiyan Fund Facility commenced May 6, 2015
- Karuna Pathein, AsiaDHRRA launch Rice Value Chain Study in Myanmar March 30, 2015
News from our Partners
- Women’s Land Rights, Gender-Responsive Policies and the World Bank (Philippines)
- Paper: Analysis of Land Tools in the Philippines using Gender Evaluation Criteria
- INFOGRAPHIC: How climate change harms the ASEAN food basket
- Workshop Documents: Fighting Hunger through Partnerships: A Forum on Brazil’s Zero Hunger Program, Global Institutional Purchase, and the Philippines’ Partnership Against Hunger Project
- Reducing Economic Vulnerabilities of Typhoon Haiyan affected communities in Northen Cebu
- Case Stories of Early Activities of the Disaster-based Sustainable and Resilient Livelihoods (DSRL)
- Case Stories from Building Resilience of Typhoon Haiyan-affected Communities in Northern Cebu (BRTH Cebu) Project
- Good Harvest Fails to Dent Rising Hunger in Zimbabwe
- Ebola Outbreak Affects Key Development Areas in Sierra Leone
- Uganda Still Grapples with Inadequate Funds to Tackle Climate Change
- Sustaining Africa’s Development by Leveraging on Climate Change
- Ethiopia Moves in Right Direction with Climate Change Response But Challenges Remain