By Cezar Belangel, Program Manager AsiaDHRRA joined hands with farmer-fisherfolk associations in the rehabilitation efforts in the Super Typhoon Yolanda (Haiyan) affected areas in the Visayas Region and in Palawan Province. Together with Fondation de France and AgriCord, AsiaDHRRA set up the Post Yolanda Fund for Local Initiatives which initially channeled a total of 20 […]
Asiadhrra facilitates Farm and Livelihood Rehabilitation Projects in Typhoon Yolanda Affected Areas in the Philippines
By Florante Villas Farmers Association for Sustainable Agriculture Production (FASAP) conducted an end-of-the-project evaluation last May 14-15 in FASAP Office and Training Center, Khoun District, Xingkhouang Province. The project entitled “strengthening of leadership and organization capacity of FASAP” is funded by AsiaDHRRA under the Farmers Fighting Poverty programming of AgriCord with support from the DGD […]
By Florante Villas Farmers Association of Khangvieng Zone (FAKZ) and AsiaDHRRA held a joint planning workshop for a project “Enhancing capacities of 3,000 farmers in organic rice production and marketing.” Attended by officers and farmer-leaders from 9 villages in Khangvieng, the planning workshop facilitated a unity of understanding between and among members and leaders of […]
FAO released their latest edition of the “State of World Fisheries and Aquaculture” which highlights growing role of fish in feeding the world. The accompanying infographic sums it up well. Interestingly, in the report, FAO highlights the very important role of smallholder activities (a perspective and strategy which Asiadhrra strenously promotes in its programs and […]
Training activities related to the 2nd Phase of Asiadhrra cooperation with the Vietnam Farmers’ Union on Constructive Engagement for effective policy advocacy resulting to responsive services and programs to its members continue on with the latest activity conducted on March 30 – April 6, 2014 in Hanoi, Vietnam. The knowledge exchange is being brought down […]
Vietdhrra continues to provide capacity development trainings to rural communities in Vietnam in line with its goal of accelerating rural development. From April 20-27 2014, under the guidance of Mr. Thang Tai of Vietdhrra, trainings on goat raising techniques and establishing interest groups were successfully conducted in 4 different communes in Binh Lieu district, Quang […]
ASEAN has recently made public the Mid-Term Review of the ASEAN Socio-Cultural Community Blueprint (2009-2015). The ASEAN Socio-Cultural Community (ASCC) Blueprint’s primary goal is “to contribute to realising a people-centred and socially responsible ASEAN Community by forging a common identity and building a caring and sharing society.” What has been achieved thus far? To know, […]
Benjamin Bellegy, International Aid Program Manager of Fondation de France, is sharing their Reconstruction Guide. It “aims at guiding NGOs in the elaboration and implementation of their building reconstruction/rehabilitation projects. This guide can be used in order to help FO’s that plan some rebuilding activities to (build back better) and to have a clearer vision […]
Sourced from FAO ROAP Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, 08 Mar 2014 — Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) from Asia and the Pacific opened a two-day Consultation today to discuss their joint concerns about the future of small farmers, landless farmers, farm workers and other concerned stakeholders. This parallel Consultation is organized just prior to FAO’s Thirty-Second Regional Conference […]
By Nonoy Villas, Regional Program Manager, Asiadhrra In another groundbreaking milestone, Asiadhrra launched its first development cooperation project in Laos. On the occasion of FASAP’s planning workshop held last January 16-17, 2014, Asiadhrra and Farmers Association for Sustainable Agriculture Production (FASAP) in Khoun District, Xiengkhouang Province, Lao PDR signed an agreement of cooperation to strengthen […]
In October 2013, hosted by ECE of the Catholic Bishops Conference of Myanmar (CBCM), Asiadhrra leaders engaged in a partnership dialogue with MyanDHRRA leaders. This is in light of the new opportunities to strengthen cooperation focused on supporting farmers’ organizations and building learning models of rural farming communities. The stakeholders’ capabilities are also expected to […]
- Renieto O. masinas: i am more intested if you have rice drum seeder. p...
- Renieto O. masinas: my email add rene_masinas@ yahoo.com...
- Renieto O. masinas: i am interested in your product pls. can you send ...
- Marieta: Sir/ madam, how much is the drier machine and wher...
- rogelio caranguian: sir i am interested about your drier at malayo kai...
- Maligaya flatbed dryers distributed to philippine farmers to reduce rice wastage May 23, 2008
- Moringa Oleifera: The Miracle Tree November 21, 2007
- PhilRice harvesting machines April 20, 2009
- PhilRice debuts precision seeder August 7, 2009
- The Maligaya Flatbed Dryer January 25, 2008
- Asiadhrra facilitates Farm and Livelihood Rehabilitation Projects in Typhoon Yolanda Affected Areas in the Philippines June 17, 2014
- FASAP successfully concludes Leadership and Organizational Strengthening Project June 12, 2014
- FAKZ gets a boost for organic rice production and marketing June 10, 2014
- New edition of FAO’s “State of World Fisheries and Aquaculture” released May 22, 2014
- VNFU Training on Effective Policy Advocacy May 2, 2014
International Year of Family Farming
News from our Partners
- World hunger falls, but 805 million still chronically undernourished
- Norway donates $10 million to FAO South Sudan
- FAO food price index drops to four-year low
- Food security tops agenda of FAO Director-General’s meeting with India’s Prime Minister Modi
- Indian institutions award FAO Director-General for efforts to promote food security