Yogyakarta, Indonesia — AsiaDHRRA will be formally launching its new program, entitled, Regional Cooperation to Empower Rural Development Organizations in Asia or ReCoERDO-Asia on 18 May 2016 in Sheraton Resort, Yogyakarta, Indonesia. AsiaDHRRA has recently signed a five-year Framework Partnership Agreement (FPA) with the European Commission (EC). The FPA aims to: Develop the capacities of […]
Brussels, Belgium – AsiaDHRRA, represented by its Secretary General, Ms. Marlene Ramirez, signed the Framework Partnership Agreement (FPA) with the European Commission (EC), represented by Mr. Neven Mimica, European Commissioner for International Cooperation and Development. The FPA is a five-year development cooperation between the Commission and select global and regional umbrella civil society organizations. The […]
Jakarta, Indonesia – AsiaDHRRA, represented by its Secretary General, Ms. Marlene Ramirez, joined in the 11th Coordinating Conference on the ASEAN Socio-Cultural Community (11th SOC-COM) on 29-30 March 2016 at the ASEAN Secretariat in Jakarta, Indonesia. The 11th SOC-COM was participated by heads of ASEAN Sectoral bodies under ASEAN Socio-Cultural Committee (ASSC), other relevant bodies […]
Honourable Chairperson, Excellencies, Distinguished Delegates and Observers, Ladies and Gentlemen We, 54 representatives of small farmers, landless, rural women, fishers, agricultural workers, pastoralists and herders, indigenous peoples, consumers, youth and NGOs representing 39 national, regional and international CSOs coming from 17 countries met in conjunction with the 33rd FAO APRC. We thank the FAO for […]
Sengalor, Malaysia – The CSO AdHoc Committee for FAO Engagement (AHC), International Planning Committee (IPC), together with local CSO hosts: DHRRA Malaysia (member of AsiaDHRRA) and PANGGAU (member of La Via Campecina), with support from FAO Regional Office, organized the CSO Consultation in conjunction with the 33rd FAO Asia Pacific Regional Conference (APRC) on 5-6 […]
Baguio City, Philippines – AsiaDHRRA Secretariat held its 2015 Assessment and 2016 Annual Planning on 23-27 February 2016. The annual assessment cum planning workshop also served as preliminary operational planning as the network prepares for its new flagship program for 2016-2016: Regional Cooperation on Empowering Rural Development Organizations in Asia (ReCoERDO-Asia).
Rome, Italy – AsiaDHRRA, represented by its Secretary General, participates in the 6th Global Farmers’ Forum held at the International Fund for Agricultural Development’s (IFAD) headquarters in Rome, Italy on 15-17 February 2016. This biennial forum is IFAD’s bottom-up process of consulting and having a dialogue with smallholders farmers’ and rural producers’ organizations across the […]
Yangon, Myanmar – AsiaDHRRA and MyanDHRRA organized a training-workshop, entitled: “Strategies on Building Small Farmers’ Market Bargaining Power”, which gathered around 32 representatives from national and local farmers organizations, local and international NGOs, research institutions, and, faith-based groups working with small farmers. It was held on 21-23 January 2016 at Myanmar Sports Hotel, Yangon, Myanmar. […]
This training workshop aims to develop understanding of participants and enhance their skills in utilizing available strategies and tools to build small producers market bargaining power. The participants’ insights and views will also serve as guide in succeeding capacity building activities. The participants include representatives from national and local farmers’ organizations, civil society/NGOs, and faith-based […]
Batangas, Philippines – Nine farmer leaders representing farmers associations in the provinces of Eastern Samar and Leyte (Region 8) and the province of Palawan went on learning visits to Soro-Soro Ibaba Development Cooperative (SIDC) on 23 November 2015 and to Buklod Unlad Multi Purpose Cooperative on 28 November 2015. Both cooperatives are located in the […]
Quezon City, Philippines – At least 80 representatives of local and national farmers’ associations and cooperatives gather during the National Forum on Agri-Cooperatives on 27 November 2015 at Institute of Social Order, Ateneo de Manila University, Quezon City. It was led by PAKISAMA, with support from AsiaDHRRA, CSA, We Effect, Trias, Agriterra, NATCCO, FSSI, PhilDHRRA, […]
Asiadhrra 2012-2014 Network Report
- ELPIDIO C. EVANGELISTA JR.: Good AM po, I would like to request basic informa...
- Renante Rey: Hi sir, Thanks for your info regarding for the ...
- marcelo cogonon: Gud day sir, thank for the people like you, I agr...
- renante rey: thanks to you mr.ROMNOVATSKI PORLSKOV hope you sen...
- chris diano: hi Mr. Romnovatski, I believe in your ideals.. ...
- Maligaya flatbed dryers distributed to philippine farmers to reduce rice wastage May 23, 2008
- Moringa Oleifera: The Miracle Tree November 21, 2007
- PhilRice harvesting machines April 20, 2009
- PhilRice debuts precision seeder August 7, 2009
- The Maligaya Flatbed Dryer January 25, 2008
- AsiaDHRRA to launch ReCoERDO-Asia May 17, 2016
- AsiaDHRRA, EC sign 5-year Framework Partnership Agreement April 4, 2016
- AsiaDHRRA sits in the 11th ASEAN SOC-COM April 4, 2016
- CSO Statement to 33rd FAO Asia Pacific Regional Conference, 7-11 March 2016, Putrajaya, Malaysia March 14, 2016
- AsiaDHRRA, DHRRA Malaysia Co-Organize CSO Consultation Pre-33rd FAO APRC March 8, 2016
News from our Partners
- Cape Verde joins Port State Measures Agreement to combat unregulated fishing
- Pope Francis hails FAO role in new Mediterranean migration initiative
- Caribbean region must prepare for increased drought due to climate change
- Severe food insecurity widespread in Yemen
- Partnership makes strides in promoting sustainable land management in Africa