Rome, Italy – AsiaDHRRA, represented by Marlene Ramirez, Secretary General, and AFA–representing the CSO AdHoc Steering Committee for FAO Engagement (AHC)–and the members of the International Planning Committee for Food Sovereignty (IPC) joined the global assessment of the FAO Regional CSO Consultations. The meeting was held last June 7-8, 2016 at the FAO Headquarters in […]
Mandaluyong City, Philippines – Farmers Fighting Poverty (FFP) and the Post-Yolanda (Haiyan) Fund for Local Initiatives, two of the major programs being implemented by AsiaDHRRA, were showcased in the recent Food Security Forum and Techno Show organized by the Asian Development Bank (ADB) last 23-24 June 2016. The two programs implemented in partnership with farmers’ […]
Naypyidaw, Myanmar – AsiaDHRRA, together with AFA and partner CSOs in the region, participated in the Regional Conference on “Policies to Enable Food Security, Agricultural Productivity and Improved Nutrition” organized by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), the UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), and the Association of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN) […]
Vientiane, Lao PDR – Noel Monteyne, AgriCord Central Office Program Manager, and Marlene Ramirez, Secretary General of AsiaDHRRA, represented AgriCord in the Joint Steering Committee Meeting of the AFOSP (ASEAN Farmers’ Organization Support Program) and attended the Expanded 2nd Regional Steering Committee (RSC) meeting of the Medium Term Cooperation Program Phase 2 (MTCP 2). The […]
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia – Marlene Ramirez, Secretary General of AsiaDHRRA, discussed the importance and role of Farmers’ Organizations (FOs) during the session on Engaging Farmers’ Organizations at the 2016 Grow Asia Forum. The session focused on developing the Grow Asia Partnership stakeholders’ understanding of FOs and how they can be engaged to build scalable models […]
Local and National Farmers’ Organizations in Indonesia Exchange Experiences, Technologies, and, Learning
Yogyakarta, Indonesia – AsiaDHRRA and Bina Desa, together with CSA and Agriterra, organized a three-day farmers’ organizations (FOs) and partners exchange forum, with the theme: “Building Synergy and Cooperation among Partner FOs and Their Supporting Agri-Agencies in the Development and Growth of FOs.” The forum and synergy was held last 22-24 May 2016 at Sheraton […]
Jogjakarta, Indonesia — DHRRA representatives from Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Cambodia, Thailand, and Vietnam, with partners from regional and global development organizations, such as the ASEAN Secretariat, the ASEAN Foundation, Asian Farmers Association, Collectif Strategis Allimentaires, and, World Rural Forum, gathered last 18 May 2016 at Sheraton Hotel, Yogyakarta, Indonesia for the launching of a new […]
Yogyakarta, Indonesia — AsiaDHRRA will be formally launching its new program, entitled, Regional Cooperation to Empower Rural Development Organizations in Asia or ReCoERDO-Asia on 18 May 2016 in Sheraton Resort, Yogyakarta, Indonesia. AsiaDHRRA has recently signed a five-year Framework Partnership Agreement (FPA) with the European Commission (EC). The FPA aims to: Develop the capacities of […]
Brussels, Belgium – AsiaDHRRA, represented by its Secretary General, Ms. Marlene Ramirez, signed the Framework Partnership Agreement (FPA) with the European Commission (EC), represented by Mr. Neven Mimica, European Commissioner for International Cooperation and Development. The FPA is a five-year development cooperation between the Commission and select global and regional umbrella civil society organizations. The […]
Jakarta, Indonesia – AsiaDHRRA, represented by its Secretary General, Ms. Marlene Ramirez, joined in the 11th Coordinating Conference on the ASEAN Socio-Cultural Community (11th SOC-COM) on 29-30 March 2016 at the ASEAN Secretariat in Jakarta, Indonesia. The 11th SOC-COM was participated by heads of ASEAN Sectoral bodies under ASEAN Socio-Cultural Committee (ASSC), other relevant bodies […]
Honourable Chairperson, Excellencies, Distinguished Delegates and Observers, Ladies and Gentlemen We, 54 representatives of small farmers, landless, rural women, fishers, agricultural workers, pastoralists and herders, indigenous peoples, consumers, youth and NGOs representing 39 national, regional and international CSOs coming from 17 countries met in conjunction with the 33rd FAO APRC. We thank the FAO for […]
Asiadhrra 2012-2014 Network Report
- ELPIDIO C. EVANGELISTA JR.: Good AM po, I would like to request basic informa...
- Renante Rey: Hi sir, Thanks for your info regarding for the ...
- marcelo cogonon: Gud day sir, thank for the people like you, I agr...
- renante rey: thanks to you mr.ROMNOVATSKI PORLSKOV hope you sen...
- chris diano: hi Mr. Romnovatski, I believe in your ideals.. ...
- Maligaya flatbed dryers distributed to philippine farmers to reduce rice wastage May 23, 2008
- Moringa Oleifera: The Miracle Tree November 21, 2007
- PhilRice harvesting machines April 20, 2009
- PhilRice debuts precision seeder August 7, 2009
- The Maligaya Flatbed Dryer January 25, 2008
- AsiaDHRRA participates in the Global Dialogue on FAO Regional Conferences and Evaluation Meeting July 27, 2016
- AsiaDHRRA at the ADB 2016 Food Security Forum July 26, 2016
- FAO, ASEAN, OECD conduct forum on food security and nutrition July 25, 2016
- MTCP 2 Partners gather for 2nd Regional Steering Committee Meeting July 19, 2016
- AsiaDHRRA in the 2016 Grow Asia Forum July 14, 2016
News from our Partners
- Protracted conflicts causing alarming spikes in severe hunger
- Race against time in drought-ravaged Southern Africa to ensure 23 million people receive farming support
- UN food agency leaders hail U.S. law aimed at boosting global food security, resilience, nutrition
- New tool for managing the fuel needs of displaced populations
- Indigenous peoples central to efforts to combat climate change